Amazoncom the politics of protestant churches and the party state in china god above party routledge research on the politics and sociology of china 9781138036901 carsten t vala books. Editorial reviews the chinese governments destruction of churches and repression of its burgeoning christian population has become a regular headline in the global press. In a society where religious life is tightly proscribed and managed by the party state how is it that so many independent illegal but free churches have sprung up and not only survived but thrived. Among chinas restive religious and social groups protestants have arguably created the most sustained structural challenges to the chinese communist partys ordering of society. Get this from a library the politics of protestant churches and the party state in china god above party carsten t vala
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.